It is a medical specialty that deals with the study of the digestive system and its related disorders.
Our gastroenterology specialists at The Global Heart and Super Specialty Hospital diagnose and treat all types of patients suffering from diseases and disorders of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon. We make use of advanced technology and provide individualized treatment for every patient. Our world-class Gastroenterology services include:
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Anorectal function testing (AFT), including evaluation of constipation and fecal incontinence
- Clinical nutrition, including gastrointestinal diseases and malnutrition
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, including endoscopic treatment for gastrointestinal bleeding, endoscopic ultrasound, biliary stents, enteral stents, small bowel enteroscopy, and banding of esophageal varices.
- Diseases of the pancreas, including acute and chronic pancreatitis, hereditary pancreatitis, autoimmune pancreatitis, pancreatic cysts, adult cystic fibrosis, pancreatic cancer.
- Esophageal diseases and cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer, including colon, anal, rectal, stomach, small bowel, gallbladder, liver, and bile duct.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Heartburn, including minimally invasive anti-reflux procedures, anti-reflux surgery, and radiofrequency treatments.
- Hepatobiliary disease and postoperative care
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBS), including Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Microscopic colitis and Pouchitis
- GI motility disorders, including chronic constipation, including 24-hour pH monitoring, esophageal and gastroduodenal motility, ambulatory motility recordings, provocative testing for non-cardiac chest pain, radionuclide gastric and intestinal transit studies
- Photodynamic therapy for Barrett’s esophagus or advanced esophageal cancer
- GI infections, including C.difficile
- Swallowing disorders